Monday, October 06, 2008

The Notebook

Ok so I don't know that stupid is the right word to use, when reflecting upon the movie I watched the other night. I think I'll probably be venting about this until I'm blue in the face.

I've had a couple different people now recomend I watch "The Notebook" and might I add that they all told me what a great, romantic movie it was. But at the same time, not ONE of them mentioned that the ending was anything but "happy". Now I will say that the story line was sweet, as he reflected upon their younger days in story. However the curve ball that was awaiting me at the end....well it didn't make me a very happy camper :(

For those who haven't seen it yet, and may still want to watch it...I won't say anything further. But for those who have seen it, what are your thoughts on it?

2 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

I don't think that it was sad at all! Sure they die in the end, but they die in each others arms, and having both lived full, wonderful lives. I don't see how that is sad at all.

I will say though that you and Zach are exactly the same.

NitaBonita said...

I'm with Ya Stacy! I hated the ending. I don't see why they just had to die. Oh.. and I just didn't understand how they both died at the same EXACT time. It was just like A Walk To Remember for me. Do they just have to kill the people off to make it a "happy" endidng?

p.s.
I have blogger too!