Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Camp Meeting

So this is my first year to miss a Camp Meeting in 25 years, and with that said I kind of feel like I don’t have much room to complain, that I’m not able to go. I can’t help but think of all those think of the thousands of people that have yet to go to their first Camp Meeting?

I guess this is just a year of firsts for everyone, this is the first year that they’ve broadcast the services on the internet (which I haven’t missed a service yet) and what a WONDERFUL thing. I know a lot of you were there, but I encourage you to watch them, they’re great!

A few things that come to mind that I DO miss:

1. My AWESOME bed in my cabin (not to many people can say that about those beds)
2. My cabin Roomies….I’ve gone through a few, but I really miss the old times with Krystal….maybe next year = )
3. My WONDERFUL and last minute “Does this look ok?” (From me of course) neighbor Melina. I will say that, this is one of the biggest things I’ve missed this year. So Melina, make sure you put down for that cabin next year so we can be neighbors next year.
4. Late night Taco Bell runs….Melina I loved your blog about Taco Bell, it made me happy to read that the tradition was “stayin alive”
5. Cheeseburger……Strawberry (If you don’t know what this means then you truly aren’t a Camp Meeting EXPERT)
6. Sitting out front on the bench “people watchin”

A few things that come to mind that I DON’T miss:

1. Long shower lines
2. Dust covered shoes (although it wouldn’t be Camp Meeting without it)
3. Tabernacle chairs
4. First Sunday morning Restaurant line…..Second Sunday morning Restaurant line…..Third Sunday morning Restaurant line.


As I look at this last list, I’m beginning to realize that Camp Meeting just wouldn’t be Camp Meeting if it weren’t for these things “we don’t miss”

Any comments on my thought provoking blog?

3 comments:

Falling LEAVes said...

What? They've been broadcasting services online??? How come no one has said anything? I didn't have a clue about that. It's a good thing I read your blog today or else I would never have known about that. Hmm looks like they brought back the name tags this year? Looking at your list of things that you don't miss, I'd have to agree on all the points you've made.

Stacy said...

Yeah they didn't anounce it here either, I can't remember how we came upon it though? We haven't missed a service yet! I think its funny that the name tags are still around. I heard that they made new ones for this year. So had we both gone, we would have had one :)

Have you been able to watch much of the videos yet?

Mandy Sue said...

Yes, the wonderful nametags are back, but I don't think they retyped them for people who came last year. Mine said Amanda Even though I specifically filled out everything this year as Mandy. Oh well. Can't win them all.

As for me, it would be
cheeseburger.....cookies and cream. Yum...thanks to you I'm craving a milkshake now.

And if you had gone this year, you might have gotten to share with Krystal. She's there for the entire 2nd week. All by her lonesome in that BIG cabin.