Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter

So I know I have completley joined the Harry Potter band wagon a day too late, but hey better late than never right? And heres where I'm at so far....

Watched: 1-4....Enjoyed them all, looking forward to seeing The Order of the Phoenix
Currentley reading: The first book....and enjoying it as well.

No I haven't actually bought the books yet, but if you were to rome around Targert, you WILL find me in the book section reading the book, and if you were to go to Barnes & Nobel, yup I'm there too sitting in a plush seat reading away.

You see I have this little book fee at the Public Library (how can they do that by the way.....??) which prevents me from checking the books out. I am going to dispute it though. They say I have three books out....and that is just not the case. So I intend to go to the library and show them that the books are there on their shelves, so they can disregard my fine and let me check out the Harry Potter books.

In the mean time does anyone want to loan me their Harry Potter books?

2 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

How did you manage to return the books without them getting checked in?

How bad is the fine?

MsPoppins20 said...

I would loan you my books, but we have a couple of problems:

1. You are in Sacramento and I (as well as my books) am in Seattle

2. I only personally own #6 and #7, so unless you feel like jumping over a whole lot of important plot details, I would suggest you borrow them from someone else! =)

I'm glad to see that you are getting into it, but like I said before, I really don't think you are going to keep yourself from finding out what happens in the end. I was reading about a Harry Potter website that said they are going to give people a month to read the 7th book before they put up any discussions without spoiler warnings on them. But after that, any and all dicussions, including plot spoilers, will be fair game. They are nicer than I was, I only gave people a week! I figured all the die-hard fans would have read it in a week. Following with this reasoning, I concluded that if you hadn't read it in a week, you wouldn't really mind if you knew the outcome before reading the book. Of course, I haven't said anything to you or Zach, cause I know that you guys both specifically requested that we didn't. See, I'm sorta nice ;).